It seems like everyone is in Greece, Montauk, or Nantucket this summer! One of the more hidden gems in Long Island, is the North Fork. Known for its vineyards, and more laid back vibe compared to the Hamptons, the North Fork is the perfect weekend trip for a more relaxed, easy going, vibe.
Although the vineyards are a fan favorite, I personally love exploring a town by finding their food scene and hidden gems! I received a ton of messages from people that my posts and Instagram Stories inspired them to head out to the North Fork – I hope this guide helps you in planning your trip!
There is a few different towns as you head further our east. Some favorites include: Greenport for its adorable sea side vibes (and the most developed town center); Southold for their cute home stores; and Mattituck for Love Lane, a street with the most adorable shops.
- Sit-down restaurants:
- Claudio’s Restaurant – waterfront, live music, and lobster rolls! Make sure you go towards sunset, which offers a beautiful view of the marina. They also have Crabby Jerry’s next door, which is a self-serve window, as opposed to Claudio’s which is sit down.
- Southold Fish Market – No frills fish market that sells one of the best lobster rolls. Make sure you order either clams or oysters as well – super fresh.
- Crazy Beans – a neighborhood favorite, and one of the only places that offers full day breakfast. They have the cutest interior, and have colorful silverware – love their salt and pepper shakers and colorful straws!
- Lucharito’s – a Mexican place in town that offers amazing burritos! One of the best I’ve had. Note that it gets extremely crowded at night.
- First and South – a great option for a burger, or something a little more heavier (I had the pulled pork sandwich). Make sure to sit outside!
- Love Lane Kitchen – an adorable restaurant with great outdoor seating in a miniature garden. Make sure to walk up and down Love Lane.
- Hellenic Snackbar & Restaurant – good for a large party, typical diner food.
- Ice Cream:
- Flavors Ice Cream and Coffee Shop – Open till 11:59 (no later!), they are open later than many other stores in Greenport, making it a great option for some late night ice cream.
- Greenport Creamery – made in-house, they recently opened at the former Sandpiper Ice Cream shop but still offer the fan favorites.
- Magic Fountain – old school ice cream vibes. Really good!
- D’latte – At the edge of Greenport, great to grab a coffee and wander around.
- Crazy Beans – see above, they have a grab and go counter as well!
- North Fork Roasting Co – Connected to Country Corner Cafe (a great option to eat in Southold), they have CBD options, and coffee ice cubes!
- For Five at The Menhaden – located in a hotel lobby, they also have a variety of products for sale (such as Supergoop!)
- Drossos Miniature Golf – fun mini golf for any ages! They also have food there if you want to make a night out of it.
- Sunflower Maze at Sidor Frms /Lavender By the Bay- pretty photo ops.
- Antique Carousel – located in Greenport, the carousel is fun for all ages.
- Greenport Harbor Brewing Co. – If you are a beer fan, the Brewing Co., located to the old jail next door is a fun pit stop.
- The Village Blacksmith/1840 School House Museum – another good history pitstop.
- Greenport Theatre – an old school movie theatre. Make sure to check out the pictures dating back from 1910s in the lobby! Tip: Head to Flavors Ice Cream later for a post movie treat.
- Special Effects Salon & Spa – not only do they offer salon services, but they offer tea both inside and in their outdoor garden.