Craving routine, i am slowly adjusting to a new normal of working from home. A few things that have been working for me:
- Wake Up On Time – Wake up as if you were going into the office. I know I am not alone, that it has been such a treat to not commute into the city! But, to stay in routine and find a sense of normalcy, I still am waking up a few hours before I need to log on for work. This allows me enough time to wake up, make breakfast, get a morning stretch in, and possibly a workout!
- Save Recipes – At the beginning of each week, just as you would if you were meal prepping for work, create a list of easy to make recipes, your groceries, and whatever else you need to make sure you are eating! It is so easy to let the day fly by when you always need to be “on”, since it feels as if there is no real separation.
- Move Your Body – Sitting down all day when you’re working from home is a big adjustment to office life. Although you still sit at a desk in the office, you walk between meetings, go to the water cooler, heat up your lunch, and other little things that add up. Make sure you are carving time out of your day, whatever time works for you, to move your body – even five minutes help! I compiled a list of online streaming services here, which give a breakdown if you’re looking for a more structured workout.
- Create a To-Do list – It is easy for the days to blur as times and the weeks pass, create a to-do list with things you want to get accomplished that day, and that week to hold yourself accountable.
- Wear cute comfy clothes – I am not saying to stay in your PJ’s (but if you want to, go for it!), but depending on my mood, I feel productive in cute and comfy clothes. Some favorites include: Aerie, Bandier, and J.Crew. Use Rakuten to get cash back using my link!
- Connect With Others – Being an extrovert, I love speaking to my colleagues, my friends, and others. Use platforms such as Zoom, FaceTime, Skype to still talk to others when you may not be around them!