Now more than ever, it is important to support local businesses, give back, and donate to causes that are important to us.
From places to donate, to skill based platforms, to online workouts, to cultural activities, to sites for your soul, there is something for everyone!
Also, It is ok to feel whatever you want to feel. You do not need to write a new book, start a blog, solve an intense math problem – you just have to be OK. Each person is different, and I’m happy to provide these resources for those who are searching for them.
More information on organizations to donate to:
- Umbrella, is a community platform that helps seniors stay in their homes. Primarily based in the Long Island, New York; Bergen, New Jersey; and Palm Beach, Florida areas, they are looking to help people 60+ get the groceries and medications they need by matching them to local volunteers. People interested in volunteering can sign up here.
- Feeding America, a nationwide organization that harnesses support from local communities to the federal government to keep low-income families supplied with food, is accepting donations. Here is a list of local food banks from the Feeding America site.
- Meals on Wheels, delivers food to seniors. As it is advised for everyone, especially seniors to stay inside, Meals on Wheels is able to safely provide food to those inside.
- God’s Love We Deliver – cooks and delivers medically tailored meals for people too sick to shop or cook for themselves. You are able to donate to sponsor their shelf-stable meal bags, and other opportunities to donate.
- The Bowery Mission – serving homeless and hungry New Yorkers and providing services that meet their needs, I personally am a frequent volunteer at the Bowery Mission. Although in-person volunteering isn’t advised, monetary donations are appreciated.
- CHiPS – a soup kitchen, and shelter for homeless young women and their infants.
- Donate to your local shelter, help your elderly neighbor, buy a gift card to your favorite local place.